Q: Head Gasket

The head gasket on the passenger side was supposedly changed by a Toyota dealer under warranty. The suspicion now is that they did not change it and poured a liquid sealer to fix the problem. Is there any way to tell if a liquid sealer was added instead of a new gasket without taking the engine apart?

Thanks

Jose

Hello. Unfortunately, there is not really anyway to tell whether or not a genuine head gasket was replaced or sealer used. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to take a look at the car to diagnose and determine if the engine needs to come apart and to confirm your suspicions as to why it may or may not need to come apart.

3. Q: Head Gasket