Q: No acceleration when pedal is to the floor

Hi, I drive a 1.6 Vauxhall Astra, the problem I have with the car it doesn't matter what gear im In if I put the gas pedal to the floor or even press it down slightly the revs shoot up as if I'm red lining it and I don't any power trough the car I just loose acceleration.

This may be a sign of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor (TPS) is a sensor used to monitor the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot’s position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to you home to diagnose your vehicle’s running condition.

3. No acceleration when pedal is to the floor