Q: Clutch Position Sensor? 2011 Chevrolet Cruze

asked by on November 20, 2016

The clutch clicks when depressed. It takes several attempts for the car to crank, the car be set in any gear and it doesn't die and can be pushed as if in neutral. The OBD code reads the Clutch position sensor is bad. Is that correct or is there something else wrong?

Clutch Switch Replacement $96.77 - $315.97 Get a Quote

Hello - yes, in this case the symptoms match the problem code. If the clutch switch is failing to close the starter circuit, the starter will not be engaged. I would recommend a replacement of the clutch switch by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr