Q: How much to repair an electronic steering lock 2009 c300

I'm getting remove key from egnition on the dash. After tapping on steering wheel and ignition it finally started and started several times since. I know something is wrong guessing it's the electronic steering lock

You may be right that your car needs a new electronic steering lock (ESL) but there could be other issues as well. There is a digital conversation that takes place among the modules of your car before the decision to unlock the steering column and allow you to start the car is made. The only way to know for sure where the problem lies is to have the car scanned by someone with the appropriate equipment. In this case the generic scan tools won’t do the trick. I suggest you contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office and scan your car and diagnose your steering lock problem and then you can figure out what it will take to fix it and what will be the cost.

3. How much to repair an electronic steering lock 2009 c300