Q: Running lights randomly turning on when car is off/blinker stick not staying in on position

Good evening. A friend of mine owns a 2006 Chevy Malibu. The running lights randomly turn on and off when the car is off and noone is near the vehicle. The switch for the lights is in the off position, and there are no interior lights on. This has drained the battery once. Additionally, the blinker stick (sorry I don't know the proper term) will not stay in the left? position when placed in the on position when driving the car. I'm unsure if they are connected issues. I've done some research via Google and Youtube. It seems the blinker issue may be caused by a bad blinker switch. It also seems that the light issue may be caused by a bad BCM. If the BCM is not working properly, I feel that perhaps the blinker issue may be a result, but not knowing enough, I'm apt to believe that they are possibly separate issues as well.

A: The BCM would need to be tested to see if i...

The BCM would need to be tested to see if it is getting the proper signals from the headlight switch and turn signal switch. The BCM is a major problem and and has caused various problems with the vehicle in question. I'd recommend having the vehicle looked at by a certified technician who will be able to help you pinpoint and diagnose the source of your electrical problems.