Q: Car misfires while idling

asked by on February 05, 2016

My car is misfiring while idling.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

If you think your car is misfiring, you should have a Check Engine light up on the dash. If you have a Check Engine light, start by having the vehicle scanned for trouble codes. If any cylinder is misfiring, the scanner will be able to pick that up. If a cylinder is in fact misfiring, the most likely causes could be a bad spark plug or ignition coil. I would recommend having your ignition system inspected by a certified mechanic to determine which part is causing the misfire.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr