Overfilled engine oil blowing smoke from tail pipe honda ...

Q: Overfilled engine oil blowing smoke from tail pipe

asked by on August 15, 2017

My oil percentage popped up at 15%. Stupidly I just filled it up and went on my way. After driving for a couple minutes whitish blue smoke was coming from my tail pipe. And it was a lot! I figured that I overfilled it. Now the question is, once I drain it and get it to a normal level should it be ok??

Depending on how overfull it was you should take a few days of running to clear the oil from the exhaust system. If you take it on a highway drive for 10 or 15 miles should clear it out.