Q: Ignition won't turn over

This morning my vehicle started fine, I come to work and had to go somewhere. My ignition wouldn't turn over, I waited a second and it turn over. I get to my location and same thing happen. I put my key in turn it once all the lights turn on and radio but it get stuck there. I move the steering wheel thinking it just locked up and nothing happen. I get a tow truck and got the vehicle towed to my place and I decided to try again. This time lights and radio stay off and all my buttons don't work like to unlock the car or trunk. I never got a clicking in the engine like when the battery is dead, it wouldn't let me get that far it just got stuck.

Hi, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help. From what you describe, it appears that your battery may have been drained, perhaps due to a shorted component or wire. A low battery may sometimes have enough power to operate the lights and accessories, but not enough to crank the engine. If later, when you went to try it again, it no longer had any power at all, it may be possible that it was drained to the point of being completely dead. The first thing I would do is recharge and test the battery to make sure it is in good working order. It may even be possible that the entire issue is related to a bad battery that is no longer able to hold a charge.

If you would like help getting your battery serviced, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect your battery for you and make or suggest the necessary repairs.

3. Ignition won't turn over