Q: Brake warning light comes on intermittently when I accelerate or drive uphill

The brake warning light stays on all the time. I've checked that the emergency brake is not on. There are no noises or smells. What do you suggest is the problem?

Check the brake fluid level. If the level is low, it will illuminate the "Brake" light. Many time as the brake linings wears, the level of fluids will drop to keep the pads close to the rotor. If the fluid is low, the brake linings and the brake hydraulic system should be checked for leaks. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect and recommend repairs to the brake system.

3. Brake warning light comes on intermittently when I accelerate or drive uphill