Car died while driving it wont start only cranks no start...

Q: Car died while driving it wont start only cranks

asked by on August 07, 2017

I was driving my car the other day and as I was driving it began to slow down and eventually died on me after pulling over. Once I poppes the hood I noticed my coolant was low and the battery wasn't dead. I have no idea what happened but now my car won't start it only cranks.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle may be having one of several problems. Make sure the engine is getting proper fuel by testing the fuel pressure. You can also test this by spraying starting fluid in the air intake to see if it makes a difference when starting. Secondly, you want to make sure you have spark. You can do this by checking for spark at each cylinder to make sure all plugs and their wires and circuit are working. You may also want to scan the vehicle for diagnostic codes to see if there are any issues that the computer has detected. For more help with testing, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.