Q: I took my throttle body off to clean it now my car is idling/revving real hi even in park what should i do to fix it

I took my throttle body off to clean it and put it back together now when i start it the engine revs to about 3000 rpms

Hi There, As you may know, after cleaning the throttle body your car needs to go through a "re-learning" process to bring the idle back down. Try doing the following which should bring the idle back down to a normal operating level:

1) Start the engine and let it idle in park for 3 minutes. During that period the idle may be higher idle than normal. 2) After 3 minutes, turn the engine off and leave it off for 60- seconds. 3) Start the engine again and let it idle in park for 3 minutes one more time. During these run periods you may see a check engine light. Scan for codes and if you get throttle body related codes, clear them. 4) If the idle speed is still off, drive the vehicle at speeds above 45-mph and operate several acceleration and deceleration cycles. Then repeat step #3 one last time.

This should bring your idle back down to normal. Should you need further help with this, please reach out to us here at YourMechanic as we are always here to help.

3. I took my throttle body off to clean it now my car is idling/revving real hi even in park what should i do to fix it