Q: Q: Door lock problems

I only use a key to unlock the car. No remote When I unlock my car from the driver's door it usally unlocks the whole car. However the last few days if the car is locked and sits for at least an hour and I try to unlock the car, it only unlocks the driver door and wont unlock the others. If I lock it and unlock the drivers door within a short amount of time it unlocks all the doors. I can unlock all the doors from the drivers side switch on the door pannel.

What has caused this change and how would I go about fixing it.

Hi there. There is a resistor for the door locks that keep a voltage on the driver door lock cylinder to activate the secondary door locks electronically. If the resistor is leaking (losing power) it tends to cause the door locks to not work. You can try unlocking the driver door, then open the driver door and use the key to unlock the other doors. This will supply power directly to the driver door lock cylinder and bypass the resistor. If the other doors unlock, then the resistor needs replaced. If the doors do not unlock with the key and the driver door open, then the door lock cylinder on the driver door will need replaced. If you need further assistance with your doors not unlocking when turning the key twice, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Q: Door lock problems