Q: Car will not start.

car won't catch on and sputters, lights all turn on spadometers shake and turns off what could be wrong? Car won't start, turns key but won't catch. Sputters and spadometers shake. Lights radio and air will turn on, engine won't start or catch on. Pressed on gas and nothing. What could be wrong ?

A: Hello. A no start condition can be caused ...

Hello. A no start condition can be caused by many things. If the engine is cranking but not starting then it may be possible that there is an issue with the vehicle's ignition, fuel, or engine management systems. If one of the components, such as the ignition coil, fuel pump, or crank position sensor fail they may cause the vehicle to crank but not start due to an incomplete combustion process. If the engine is not cranking at all, then that may indicate an issue with the vehicle's electrical or starting systems. A bad starter, ignition switch, or battery can all cause the engine to not crank, or crank slowly. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose the cause of your vehicle's starting issues.