Q: I have a 2002 chevy s10 pickup and while im driving 60mph my rpm will go up to 3000 and the engine will tev but the mph stays the

asked by on March 09, 2018

While driving at 60 mph my rpm will go up from the 2 to 3 and the engine will rev but the mph remains at 60 it does it only while driving at higher speeds in town it runs great no check engine light on

Car is slow to accelerate Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Mari. Thanks for sending your question to us today. In most cases, a lack of acceleration like you’re describing is due to the transmission slipping. Sometimes this is due to dirty transmission fluid while in other cases, it’s a sign of a faulty torque converter or inner seal damage. I think the best way to move forward is to have a professional mechanic complete a hard to accelerate inspection, so they can determine what repairs are needed.