Q: Truck is running rough, loses power, backfiring noise - 1994 Nissan D21

Lately, my truck has started to run rough and seems as if it would shut off. After I had the fuel filter replaced, it was better for a while. However, the truck now can barely run, even more so when I try to increase the speed and the RPMs are higher. It seems to lose power and makes a backfiring noise. It also gets very bad gas mileage. What should I do?

A: Hey there. I would check fuel pump output a...

Hey there. I would check fuel pump output and condition of fuel injectors (flow rate and solenoid resistance). After that, I would evaluate the ignition system, including distributor, plug wires, timing. If you would like to have this checked for you, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to inspect the loss of power symptoms and help get your car back in running shape.