Q: 95 nissian maxima have replaced fuel pump, crank sensors both still car stalling and sometimes won't start

asked by on October 05, 2017

My car was turning but not starting so the mechanic replaced the fuel pump then it worked fine for about 4 weeks. Then it stalled while I was driving so he replaced the crank sensor both pos/ref and now its still stalling and it wouldn't crank. But when I jumped it it started then I turned it off and back on and it fired right up

Hi Sonja. Thanks for contacting us today. Usually when a fuel pump or crankshaft sensor is not working, the vehicle will not start at all. It’s more likely that you have a fuel system restriction or the engine is having difficulty burning the fuel to air mixture. Some of the common components that can cause this include the mass air flow sensor, EGR valve or spark plugs & plug wires. A worn out distributor or ignition coil can also be the source of your problems. It would be best to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an onsite inspection to determine why you’re Nissan is experiencing these symptoms, so the right repairs can be made.