How do I use the passenger airbag status light? air bags ...

Q: How do I use the passenger airbag status light?

How do I use the passenger airbag status light?

The passenger airbag status light lets you know whether or not the front passenger airbag is turned on. Your vehicle will automatically detect when there is a passenger in the front passenger seat. When there is a passenger, the airbag will be turned on; when there is not a passenger, the airbag will be deactivated. The passenger airbag status light is on the overhead console, and has the words ON and OFF on it. Whichever word is illuminated represents the status of the passenger airbag. Tip If a heavy item, such as a large grocery bag or a dog is in the front passenger seat, the system will detect a passenger and turn on the airbag. If you notice that the airbag status light is turned on even when a passenger is not in the seat, move everything off of the seat until the light turns off.