Q: New rear disc rotor/Hub/Parking Brake

hello, I installed rear disc rotors on a 2000 Eclipse and adjusted the parking brake correctly. I noticed that the rotor/hub wasn't turning as freely as I wanted, further when I bolted on the wheels, the wheel-hub didn't want to turn at all. So the pressure inward from the wheel nuts completely stopped the free turning of the wheel. I loosened the nuts and the wheel would turn again. Took the wheel off and put on only the wheel nuts and the same thing, the hub/rotor would stop. Checked the parking brake shoes and they're in all the way.

Hi there:

In general, there are a few things that can cause the brake rotor and wheel to not spin freely after installing a new rotor. The first and most common is that the center hub is dirty, rusted or has excess grime that wasn’t cleaned during service. The second is that the calipers pins and slide were not greased or third, the brake calipers were not depressed all the way when the brake pads were installed and are sticking. When you apply pressure to brakes after installing new pads, the rotor should not spin. Once you start the car, the brake pressure will ease up on the pads and it should spin freely. If you need help with the brake service on your Mitsubishi, YourMechanic offers a repair and diagnosis service preformed by a certified mechanic that will commute to your location to look into your brakes.