Q: P1145 Leads to P1135

asked by on July 27, 2017

Joe, Ive got a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder 3.5L V6. P1145 came up, replaced the cam sensor(B2 If I remember correctly). Either way, the correct sensor was replaced according to ALLDATA. After the sensor was replaced, the service engine soon light was cleared, code P1135 showed up after approximately 55Miles of driving the vehicle. I believe that given the sensor had now been replaced with a new one-it has now revealed a more serious (expensive) problem. I will assume the cams have been worn and/or damaged to the point where it isnt striking the valve properly. P1145 was addressed as I do not see any pending codes. Your input would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Ken

The more common causes of P1135 in the Pathfinder include: a faulty intake valve timing control solenoid bank 2; the intake valve timing control solenoid bank 2 harness is open or shorted; the intake valve timing control solenoid bank 2 circuit has a poor electrical connection; and/or the crankshaft position sensor (POS) or camshaft position sensor are faulty. Be sure to first check the oil level and cleanliness of the oil as the variable valve timing system is hydraulic and relies on engine oil pressure. A scan tool can pinpoint the cause of the issue you are experiencing, as well as simple electrical tests of the control circuit. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a check engine light diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.