Q: 2010 Chevy Tahoe, no crank no start somedays. open/close fuse box crank up. driving stable track, and service traction control

2010 Chevy Tahoe, no crank no start some days. open/close fuse box under hood cranks up and reset. driving stable track, and service traction control come on some days when driving and losses power. Replaced BCM, New Fusebox panel put in and it still has the problem. Took it to the dealership and they said it was electric but couldn't find the problem. I'm just sick of spending money and no one can fix it. Don't know what to do because the truck is so nice and clean and I don't want to trade it in and a family buys it and have the same problem. I just need help.

There are a large number of Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) published by GM relative to the Tahoe’s electrical system. In fact, the number is the largest I can recall from recent checks of the variety of other models we deal with. Some of those electrical system TSB’s are potentially relevant to your issue. You can review them at the NHTSA website. Broadly, though, and even without the TSB’s, if the starter motor does not function, there is an electrical fault in the starting circuit. I understand the problem is intermittent but so long as the diagnostic (which consists of a careful and complete circuit trace) is performed during one of these no start incidents the problem will be found. The starter circuit is simply not that expansive and so long as you use the wiring diagram in the Factory Service Manual, if the starter is not functioning a circuit trace is guaranteed to find the interruption. If there are other electrical issues, similar circuit traces are employed although if a warning light is on, additionally there will be stored OBD-II codes that might narrow the diagnostic. You can obtain help and get this resolved by requesting a vehicle electrical diagnostic. The responding mechanic will perform the required circuit trace, during one of these no start incidents. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. 2010 Chevy Tahoe, no crank no start somedays. open/close fuse box crank up. driving stable track, and service traction control