Q: Car shakes, idles roughly, has difficulty accelerating

After the car sat for some time and I started it up, it was shaking quite a bit. It has difficulty accelerating and idles roughly. When I stop the car at traffic lights, the issue occasionally gets so bad that I have to restart the car. I checked to see if the air intake has any cracks but it is fine. Also, the air intake sensor looks clean and dry. What should I check next? Thanks.

You may be having problems with the high pressure injectors in one or more cylinders. The injectors tips get clogged with carbon and do not spray good when the engine is cold. The problem may be random and intermittent.

You would need to have the system checked to see if the injector is causing a code to the cylinder. If so, you will have to replace the injector and the injector across from it to complete the repair.

If you need some assistance with this, feel free to contact a certified mechanic who can diagnose your rough idle and other driving symptoms. If my suspicions are correct, the mechanic can assist you with replacing your injectors as necessary.