Q: Hi I have a 2006 mercedes benz e350 how to reset the ESP light?

asked by on December 30, 2017

how to reset the ESP light

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If there is a problem in the system, You will have to read the codes and correct the fault for the light to go out. However, If the ESP light has come on after you have replaced a battery or done some other repair that interrupted power, it may just need the steering sensor re-centered. Start the car and with the engine idling, turn the wheel to full lock to the left, then turn the wheel full lock to the right, then turn the wheel back to the center. If the ESP light then goes out your troubles are over. If it is still on, you will need to have the car scanned to determine the problem. A generic scanner won’t do the trick in this case, it will have to be done with the Mercedes appropriate equipment. You can have that conveniently done by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to scan your Mercedes and interpret the codes for you.