Q: Engine stumbled, reduced power/speed, & warning light on

asked by on June 02, 2016

When traveling around 50 mph, I went into passing gear and the engine started stumbling. The amber wrench warning light flashed on. I only had partial power the rest of my way to work and only could make about 40 mph on the highway. Then when got back into my car later, the problem was gone. Could this be a coil problem or what do you suggest it is?

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. This can be a coil or a number of other things. Since the check engine light came on the computer needs to be scanned for codes. I typically scan it first to see what is going on. From there I would know if it may be a coil or another part of the ignition system. It can also be a bad sensor or a fuel system problem so the codes are definitely needed. If you want to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the cause of the issue.