Q: P0601

If I changed the battery would this cause this error code to show up. So far their is no performance issues

This seems to be a common problem on Chrysler Dodge and Jeep vehicles. The P0601 code indicates that your powertrain control module is having a malfunction that has occurred more than six times. It is possible that a battery replacement may have caused this code if there are no other symptoms related. I would recommend visiting your local auto parts store and asking them to clear any trouble codes that exist in your system. Once this has been done, if the trouble code does not come back it is likely due to the battery that caused the trouble code stored. If the code comes back, have a local expert thoroughly diagnose the code so the fault can be pinpointed.