Q: My Dodge Journey randomly shows hot oil message under mileage and a few other lights. Once I turn car off it then won't rest

My car runs fine while I'm driving it but once I get to my location and stop my dash shows HOT OIL under the mileage. The brake light, transmission light, air bag light, and the seatbelt light come on the dash also. After the lights come on I shutt of my car but then it won't start back up.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There is a possibility that trouble codes have been stored and those should be sought first as if they exist they will provide clues to resolve the issues you are seeing. If there are no codes, what you can do is request a no start diagnostic during one of these episodes where the car fails to restart. That diagnostic will pinpoint the reason for the no start but it is not clear if resolving the cause of the no start when the engine is hot will resolve the issue with the warning lights or the possible high temperature of the transmission fluid. Also, the multitude of warning lights suggests the possibility of an electrical problem. I would start by requesting the no start diagnostic and the mechanic will advise you from there. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.