Q: Every time I put my turn signal on my brights come on. I have an 06 impala. Is there a quick fix for this?

asked by on February 24, 2018

High beams come on when I use turn signal

Turn Signal Switch Replacement $103.65 - $954.94 Get a Quote

You need a new turn signal switch. It’s made of plastic and there are tiny balls and springs that make the handle "click" when you move it and prevent unwanted movement. The housing will develop cracks around those balls and springs allowing the switch to move unbidden. Changing it is not a big deal, but on some cars it requires steering wheel removal. If you want to have it done conveniently, contact YourMechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to replace your turn signal switch right there on the spot.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr