Q: Clunking noise that chages relative to changes in speed

Recently, I did the alignment on my car. Also, I replaced the front left wheel bearing. Everything was fine for a while but then, I started noticing the clunking noise when I accelerate. It seems that there is something wrong with the tires so I checked them. They are fine as well as the air pressure. As the alignment was done, the car doesn't go to any side, but the clunking noise remained. It slows down or speeds up as I change the driving speed. What could be causing this? Thank you.

Noises are best diagnosed firsthand, however, I can provide some guesses in regard to your noise. The first thing that comes to mind is a failed CV axle, which will often make a clunking noise upon acceleration. A worn propeller shaft joint or bushings could also be the problem. Both of these items are used to transmit engine torque to the drive wheels and rotate when the vehicle is moving. If you want to have a technician inspect the noise in person, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can perform this diagnostic for you.