Q: I'm having problems with my blower motor on my 2012 Nissan Maxima.

asked by on March 27, 2018

Ok I have 2012 Nissan Maxima. The compressor works and through the vents you can feel cool and warm coming through. The problem is the blower motor is not turning on. I took to the dealership but they couldn't figure out the problem at the time. They swapped out the blower motor and it still didn't turn on. I'm think it's the blower motor resistor. Can someone help me find where that part is located on this vehicle

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There is no resistor in the circuit, at least not of the type that controls blower speed. Instead, the speed control in your vehicle relies on a digital signal delivered via pulse width modulation. And, in your application at least part of the speed control circuit is integral to the motor assembly. If the dealer could not figure out the problem and yet they speculatively replaced the blower motor with no beneficial outcome, you are entitled to a 100% refund because obviously you should not pay for their misdiagnosis. Nothing (absolutely nothing) should have been replaced unless the part was proved faulty. In all probability, in your case there is either no power to the motor, a bad ground connection, or the PWM signal is not being delivered at the motor terminal, and that is why the blower doesn’t turn on. Consequently, the "old" motor might have been perfectly good. My advice is seek a refund and obtain an actual diagnostic. If you want that diagnostic performed by YourMechanic professional staff, simply request an electrical component/circuit diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will resolve this without you enduring any further nonsense. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.