Hissing sound from exhaust area? infiniti 2013 g37 v6-3.7l

Q: Hissing sound from exhaust area?

asked by on October 04, 2017

Worried about a hissing sound near the exhaust area? I'm not sure if an exhaust leak or something, or if it's even a problem at all. This sound comes up when the car is warmed up and running.

There are a number of things this could relate to however depending on specifically where the noise is coming from may indicate different issues. Typically, a hissing sound coming from the exhaust may indicate a potential coolant leak, resulting in the coolant being cooked on hot engine components or exhaust parts. Another possibility may be a clogged catalytic converter. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing this.