2009 Honda Civic. Deep vibration from front passenger sid...

Q: 2009 Honda Civic. Deep vibration from front passenger side. Lessens when in motion. Worse when put into reverse.

Hello, Deep vibration seems to originate from the front passenger side.
Loudest upon switching from Park to Reverse with my foot on the brakes. Continuous, but lessens when in motion. For a long time now, a couple/few of the clips that hold the frontmost passenger side of the cowling/fender have been loose. But the vibration has suddenly worsened with no change regarding the fender clips. Ideas? Thank you! jd

A possibility is a faulty motor mount or other engine vibration dampener. A faulty harmonic balancer is also a possibility. Failing bearings in any of the components driven by the serpentine belt could potentially cause this, too. Engine misoperation is a possibility (rough idle and possibly uneven cylinder compression due to mechanical faults). Less likely are internal transmission and engine imbalances but obviously that would be considered once all else is ruled out. If you request a vehicle vibration diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will definitely pinpoint the origin of the noise though. If you have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you, particularly if you just need more information to make a wise, informed decision.