Q: I have a 95 Nissan Truck, short bed XE, 2.4 liter, 2 wheel drive. About a year or more the check engine light came on. Code:43.

About a year ago or more, the check engine light came on. Got code of 43, which is the throttle position sensor, according to the Haynes manual I have. I have changed the sensor three times now. I can’t get the voltage readings, to properly adjust. Also when I increase the rpm....at 1500 to 2000 rpm, the rpm props off like there is a dead spot. Is this tied with the throttle position sensor? This happens in the driveway, and is really noticeable when driving. I have changed spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel, and air filter. I need help.

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Aaron. Thanks for contacting us today. A damaged throttle position sensor can cause a lot of issues, including the one you have mentioned. However, it’s also possible that other, routine maintenance problems like clogged fuel injectors, dirty EGR valve, and other fuel system components can also lead to these problems. It might be best to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an on-site inspection, so they can advise you on what repairs will be beneficial.