Q: daughter's 09 mini cooper clubman went to a corner store to get oil changed. Talked her into a anti freeze flush and now runs hot

asked by on September 30, 2016

Question is above.

I would start by checking the coolant level to be sure it was refilled with the proper amount of coolant. Next check all radiator hoses to be sure none are leaking. Also, check to be sure the coolant fans are coming on as they should.

This can also be caused by a faulty thermostat that may be stuck closed not allowing the coolant to circulate through the motor.

If you end up needing assistance with this, I would recommend having a certified expert, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose the overheating issue firsthand for an accurate repair.