Q: the enhanced traction control will not shut off

asked by on August 30, 2016

When the enhanced traction control is on the car has no power when it's off the car preforms as it should can the system be disconnected

Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement $103.84 - $582.33 Get a Quote
Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. It sounds like when you have the traction control on that it is kicking in. The most common cause of this would be if there are mismatched tires on the car. If this is the case then the computer will always see the wrong wheel speeds which will cause it to power down the vehicle. If the tires are all the same size and if the wheel speed sensors are good then the computer will need to be scanned for codes to see why the computer is turning this system on. It can be a bad computer, a yaw sensor, or another electrical issue. If you need to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the loss of power firsthand for an accurate repair.