Q: What does it mean if the Anti-theft Light is on in the dash?

What does it mean if the Anti-theft Light is on in the dash?

A: Your car has a built-in anti-theft system. ...

Your car has a built-in anti-theft system. If someone attempts to start the car without a programmed key, open a locked door without a key, or even get in through the rear liftgate or open the hood, the horn will start honking and the lights will flash. The Anti-theft Light in the dash of your car should flash periodically to show that the system is engaged and active.

Tip

You have to lock the doors of the car (without it running) for the alarm to engage.