Q: Instrument cluster not working.

My car ignition worked fine when my car went into the shop. They put a new key cylinder in and a housing. The car cranked, but the battery was dead, so they changed it overnight. When I picked up the car, the fuel gauge was dead, but the empty light worked. In addition the speedometer and odometer are not working.

Hi. One of the instrument cluster power supplies comes directly from the ignition switch, which is also bolted to the ignition lock cylinder housing. It is possible that either the ignition switch is faulty or that the wiring on the ignition harness is pinched and the connector on the harness is not completely seated on the switch. The harness and connector can be inspected by removing the plastic steering column covers and visually inspecting the harness and connector. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to determine which electrical components are failing.

3. Instrument cluster not working.