Exaust smell coming through car vents, especially when id...

Q: Exaust smell coming through car vents, especially when idle. Engine has a clicking noise since having the spark plugs replaced.

asked by on October 17, 2016

Smell of exaust coming through the car vents, more so when idle. Also recently had spark plugs replaced and noticed a clicking sound of the engine

From what you’ve described it sounds like there may be a loose spark plug. This would cause both of the issues you are describing. The clicking is the exhaust gas escaping through the spark plug hole, which also allows this exhaust gas to circulate into the passenger compartment.

If you’d like to get this fixed, have one of our mobile technicians come diagnose the smell and the sound you’re hearing firsthand for an accurate repair.