Q: Clicking sound.

My 2009 Hyundai Sonata wont start.Clicking noises and lights appear on dashboard. Engine light came on about 2 months ago,and now i believe its the starter,. Would this cause light to come on.

Hi There, Generally a clicking noise when trying to start the vehicle is a result of a weak battery or a faulty starter solenoid. If you hear a clicking sound when turning the key, it is likely that your starter solenoid may be faulty. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Clicking sound.