Q: Coolant leaking from intake manifold

asked by on October 31, 2016

i have replace leaking intake gaskets..both upper and lower using the proper torque specs. now there is a slight coolant leak that appears to be from the lower intake at the front of the engine. i wonder what the heck i could have done wrong??

Intake Manifold Gaskets Replacement $150.05 - $810.26 Get a Quote
Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. Intake gaskets will seal, however, it is recommended to add some RTV (room temperature vulcanization) silicone to the gasket to seal it on the heads. I recommend using the blue water resistant RTV sealant to help seal up the gaskets. If you need further assistance having this addressed, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can pinpoint the coolant leak and diagnose the underlying causes so that you can have this resolved.