Q: Traction control warning comes on all the time

My 2011 Chevrolet Impala has a weird little bug where it will sometimes light up random warnings on the dashboard and the power will be noticeably reduced. Sometimes you can restart the car to make it work. Not happy about this issue. The traction control light almost always comes on before the power is reduced. This car has 76,000 miles on it, so what the heck is going on here?

This issue should be covered by a recent GM special service bulletin 14636 that will replace your throttle position sensor and pedal assembly. The bulletin is dated April 8, 2015. Make an appointment with your local dealer and they will replace your throttle position sensor with a new pedal assembly and modify attachment plate on firewall. The request for service needs to be done by April 2016 or 116,000 miles.