Q: cost to replace valve lifters, is this something I can do.

Yukon is ticking when accelerating in speeds 0-25; I have added seaform and changed the oil to full synthetic. My past DIY auto experience is replacing brakes, small tuneups, replaced water pump, universal belt, hoses. I have been told it is the valve lifters. How much is the cost to have a mechanic do this or is this something I could do? Thanks for your advice.

In order to replace the valve lifters on the engine it requires removing the intake manifold and cylinder heads to gain access to the lifters and lifter guides. This kind of job calls for a minimum of at least 10 hours of labor, plus the cost of parts. It may even take longer depending on any problems encountered. If you decide to get this serviced, consider YourMechanic, as a qualified technician can come to you to perform repairs on your vehicle.