Q: Lock actuator

asked by on February 20, 2018

Is it my lock actuator? My driver side door won't lock or unlock with electric button or key remote... Opening with key on the outside won't unlock of lock either ... If the door is open, lever on door won't lock, it's stuck.... But, when door is closed, the lever will lock and unlock if manually done...

Just want to know what it is, I'm tired of squeezing through passenger door every time I want to lock my door, thanks a billion!

Power door locks are not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The possible causes are a faulty actuator, the power supply to the actuator (that includes the switch, wiring, terminal connections) and/or possibly binding, corroded, or rusted shut mechanical links that prevent the actuator from functioning. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a power door lock system inspection and the mechanic will promptly resolve this. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.