Q: Battery Drain on 2012 Honda Civic

My Honda Civic won't start if I leave it parked for 3-4 days. The dealership suggested this is a "common" problem and that maybe I needed a trickle charger. Is that a good idea? What's going on with the car, though?

Using a trickle charger can be good for cars that are only driven occasionally, but in this case it would just be masking a larger problem. You likely have a parasitic draw on the electrical system, though you should have the battery and charging system properly tested as well. A parasitic draw on the electrical system could be something simple such as a glove compartment light or a trunk light staying on, or it could be more involved such as a control module that isn’t going to sleep after the car is turned off. Contact a professional technician, such as one of those available through YourMechanic, to properly test and diagnose this issue.

3. Battery Drain on 2012 Honda Civic