Q: When should a supplemental restraint system component be repaired or replaced?

asked by on December 14, 2015

When should a supplemental restraint system component be repaired or replaced?

Most components in your supplemental restraint system (SRS) are designed to be used just once. This applies to all of your air bags, as well as for the seat belt pretensioners in your driver and passenger front seat belts. Once they have been used, they must be replaced and cannot be repaired. The Supplemental Air Bag Warning Light will stay on after any of these components has been deployed (including seat belt pretensioners, which may activate even if your air bags don’t). Repair is only pertinent to other components, such as the wiring.