Q: Interior lights stay on, 2004 Lincoln Town Car

Interior lights stay on when car is shut off and doors closed

The most common reason for the interior lights staying on after the door is closed is the door latch on the drivers door being worn out, causing the door to not proper close. The door latch for all the doors should be inspected and replaced as needed if you see any plastic covering on the latch that is worn off. The loss of the covering will not allow the latch to close all the way, keeping the door ajar and interior lights on. YourMechanic can send a trained professional to your location to replace the door latches.