Q: its cranks slow, sometimes it cranks fine and other times i have to crank it twice, it happens randomly

Hello I have a 06 nissan altima 2.5, and its has a slow cranking problem but it does it randomly, i have changed the starter, spark plug, ignition coil, camshaft and crankshaft sensor and it still is acting up, sometimes it cranks fine and other times i have to crank it twice, can you help???

A slow cranking condition is caused by not getting enough power to the starter. Since you replaced the starter then you may have a weak or borderline bad battery. One of your cables may be bad causing the slow crank condition.

If the battery is weak then you may get the problem one time and a sudden burst the next. If you battery is more than a couple years old I’d suggest having it load tested to see if it is bad or if is a cable problem.

Do not rule out the starter even if the problem was fixed for a while after the starter was replaced. I’d suggest getting your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose your starting issue and repair it as necessary. Good luck.

• its cranks slow, sometimes it cranks fine and other times i have to crank it twice, it happens randomly