Q: Best way to install a kill switch

What is the least invasive way to install a kill switch against car thieves? I want to avoid anything that can shut off the car if the switch fails during normal operation.

A: For this, what you'd want to do is put ...

For this, what you'd want to do is put the kill switch on the power wire that goes to the starter, that makes the starter engage. Because then, if somebody tries to steal it, the starter won't go. But if you are using it and the car has already started and you are driving down the road, you may accidentally turn that switch, and then the switch breaks but the car would still run because it doesn't stop the car from running. It just stops it from starting because it keeps the starter from engaging. So that is really the best way to do that. That is what I do when I'm doing that stuff.