Q: Noise when i turn heater on for while to defrost or vents. 2003 Chevy Impala

asked by on August 30, 2016

Whenever i turn my heat on after a min or two it starts to make this loud noise

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2003 Chevrolet Impala. The noise you may be hearing is the blend door actuator clicking until the door gets into the position it needs to be in. When these actuators go bad they can strip the internal gears made of plastic. The actuator may need to be replaced. To have the problem verified, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the noise and can assist with proper repairs.