Q: Oil pressure dropped to 0 with knocking noise

My Chevy has 50K miles on it. I just had the oil changed and while driving the oil pressure went down to 0 and the engine started making a knocking noise. I had the car towed back to the place that changed my oil a few days ago. The mechanic there said it was the oil pump that needed to be replaced and the filters. Do you think the oil place might have done something to my car or is this a common problem?

It would be difficult to say the oil change caused the problem unless they did not put in oil, or the engine lost all the oil out of a loose drain plug or filter. Other than that, changing the oil and filter should not cause the oil pump to go out and loose the pressure unless the filter failed and is blocked for some reason. An oil pump failure is not common, and at 50k mile it is even less likely. I would have the oil filter replaced to see if you regain oil pressure or your pressure is still zero. If it remains at zero, then an oil pump is the fix.

3. Oil pressure dropped to 0 with knocking noise