Q: Clutch will not engage and has no pressure. What is the worst case scenario and estimated cost for repairs at a dealer?

asked by on October 31, 2016

Clutch will not engage and has no pressure. I cannot engage any forward or reverse gears. What is the worst case and estimated cost at a dealer

Hi there. From the description you have provided, your clutch will not engage, has no pressure, cannot engage any forward or reverse gears, is difficult to estimate the cost of repair at a dealer.

Diagnosing the inoperative clutch, would help identify repair cost. It could be, no hydraulic pressure is supplied to clutch slave cylinder because, the clutch master cylinder has failed. It could be, the clutch slave cylinder has failed/leaks not moving the clutch throw-out arm as it should. It could be, the clutch pressure plate and/or disc has failed. It could be, the transmission input shaft is seized in the pilot bearing.

To pinpoint this issue, I would recommend having your vehicle’s clutch will not engage and has no pressure condition be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.