Q: Car keeps dying while I'm driving

While driving, all my dash warning lights turn on & my car dies-lights & radio stay on- car will restart & will die again. Then it will drive regularly, has done this twice. What could possibly be causing this?

Hi. There could be a couple of causes for why this problem is happening. There could be a problem with the battery going bad or the alternator is under charging causing the car to die. There also could be a problem with the camshaft position sensor or crankshaft position not reading properly causing improper engine timing causing the car to shut off. I want you to keep in mind that since this problem is an intermittent problem that the problem may have to get worse before you can pinpoint exactly what is causing it. I suggest you have a certified tech from YourMechanic come and diagnose your intermittent shutting off problem.